Sunday, October 13, 2019

SEMA - heading there in November! Is it worth it?

People ask all of the time about going to SEMA every year and is it worth going?

I always tell them if you have never gone and want to see the World's largest automotive car/truck industry show - yes they should!








But! Bring lots of $$$$ because that is a week where the entire city of Las Vegas raises their prices by 3 times. Don't believe me, look up the same hotel the week before for rates. My current hotel is at $89 a night but during SEMA it is $289 a night! Plus tack on $30-50 per night in luxury tax at every hotel, so if you find one for $160 a night add another $30-50 per night.

Uber and/or taxis will charge you $20 to go anywhere plus if you rent a car every body charges for parking, even the hotel you are staying at for the week. Food is expensive everywhere, long gone are the steak dinners for $4.99! Expect to spend $35 for a hamburger and a beer.

Bring really good walking shoes and be prepared to walk a lot in a very crowded show every where! There is a lot to see and you do have to walk many miles to see it. When they say it's only a block or two it is a mile away.

For the good part, you will see the best of the best vehicles at SEMA from weird to the newest hottest cars/trucks on display. The parts that we all look for are displayed at this show. Is it hard to find those parts? Yes, it is hard to find so do your research and look companies up before you get there.

SEMA does have the show categorized in to sections pretty well so if you want different interest you can go to that area. The outside tents are the new companies and it is a smorgasbord of parts and services.

I usually walk 7-9 miles a day and I know where I am going and who I am going to see before I get there. Most of the show vehicles are outside but some are in the booths inside the show.

Don't forget to include some time for the AAPEX show at the Sands Convention Center for hard parts and liquids. Not much on showing vehicles and this is if you are a service garage which does a full service maintenance for vehicles. A great show to walk around for the day.

It is all about business for me since I have gone for so many years but for those who have never gone it is a site to see for the first time. For the auto enthusiast it is eye candy everywhere!

I will post many photos from there this year with reports!






2 comments:

  1. Hi there! Would you mind if I share your blog with my facebook group? There's a lot of people that I think would really appreciate your content. Please let me know. Thanks
    Eberspacher Heaters

    ReplyDelete