Saturday, December 31, 2016

Why rules are changing for 2017??? DIESEL Motorsports . . .

Well, I guess I caused a few eyebrows to raise over my last post regarding rules and ruffled a few feathers. I have spent 32 years of being in business for myself and in the automotive market, companies have paid me a pretty good living for solving their problems when launching a product into a market or geographical area.


One thing I do good is listen, that is how you solve issues, sell product and get results. I have listened to everyone concerns over the past week regarding rules for pulling. Another thing I'm good at is being passionate about what I do on a daily basis. People ask all the time how do you stay in business? (most businesses fail in 4-5 yrs) It's being passionate about what you are working on and trying to accomplish.

I tell industry leaders all the time our enthusiasts are passionate about their sport because I have seen many work 2 maybe 3 jobs to afford their truck, some heat with wood they cut and split so they can afford parts for their trucks. Their passion is conveyed by me because after I speak at conferences those listening tell me I'm passionate about our sport and what we are trying to accomplish.

Many people hire me because I have had the ability to see the bigger picture or see into the future of what will happen in a marketplace or a company's direction. It's nothing special I can just evaluate people's reactions and conclude what the results or outcome will be in the future.

So after explaining all of that and listening to all parties this last week I can now see what is happening.

I have a large group with lots of money wanting everyone to (quoted), be on a fair playing field, all trucks would be the same and all trucks would be easier to tech and control. Everyone would be running the same turbo and suspension in all three classes for pulling. This large group also controls the technology and sells those parts plus they have pulling trucks competing against their own customers.

What I'm hearing is controlling the sport and industry with parts and rules.

I don't know about you folks but this sounds like the government which has tried to control farming, healthcare, banks and utilities. Our rural enthusiasts are innovative people who do not like to be controlled. I'm one of those people who do not like to be controlled and neither is my partner.

It's a free market and that is what has made this country great! I think the public just elected the next president based on this same principle.

We want diesel enthusiasts, shops and pullers to be able to come up with the next best thing whether it's a turbo, tranny or suspension that fits the basic rules but can exceed everyone's efforts for power and distance. We want the innovative mechanic to take the power and torque to the next level and progress the sport.

A progressive sport will stay in existence longer than a stagnant sport where competitors are selling their trucks on a monthly basis and numbers are dropping. I have heard for two years what has happened to the fun days of pulling when you could drive to the pull, change tires, adjust tuning and pull for the distance.

One of the biggest surge this next year will be the NEW Work Stock class that will allow high powered trucks to compete in pulling. We listen and we deliver what the enthusiast wants for the sport. We don't sell parts or service trucks so we want what is best for the sport.

Can the others with smoothbore pull in our classes, of course they can in the proper class. But why hold back the smartest kid in the class and try and make everyone equal! I think we have had enough of that in our society! I'm ready to see some diesel heads come out with killer trucks, kick some butt and progress the sport into the future.

Remember control brings anarchy and those at the top will benefit and those at the bottom will not and drop out!

DIESEL Motorsports is all about being innovative and relying on our youth to be aggressive, progressive and go for the ring (winner)! We want all trucks to compete and have fun doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment