Saturday, June 18, 2011

A Vision for Diesel Motorsports

Since it's Father's Day weekend my posts will be a little shorter but still hopefully important to read.

Yesterday I had the privilege of standing on the starting line of the ADRL Races at Heartland Park in Topeka, compliments of Carl Robinson of Mickey Thompson. I remember several years ago when Richard Small of Flowmaster was in my office and said I want you to meet and talk to a friend of mine who is starting a new race organization called ADRL and Flowmaster is going to help sponsor it. Talking to Ken Knowling then was refreshing to hear so much energy in a person with a big vision for his competitors.

It has been a few years since I have been to one of their races and it was refreshing to see how much it has grown and the quality of competitors and sponsors they have now incorporated into their program.

I have that vision for Diesel Motorsports, it has grown tremendously over the past few years and continues to gain popularity. The trucks have almost doubled in power and the numbers have grown even in a down economy. I feel some of the innovative performance parts and systems our competitors are running on their trucks will be on domestic models in the next ten to twenty years just like some of the systems developed during the musclecar era.

Once Diesel Motosports also includes domestic diesel cars (TDIs, Audi, etc.) expanding the vision of diesel as the other alternative fuel. It takes 1/3 less crude oil to produce and process, why the domestic automakers have not seen why Europe has converted to diesel many  years ago still puzzles me.

The technology has made diesel a clean fuel alternative in domestic models and some of our competitors are burning clean with over 1200 horse power engines.

I know once ADRL obtained outside investors their organization doubled within the next year or so. Those investors saw what Ken was building and saw the potential of what it could be in the future.

I have that vision for Diesel Motorsports, with all of the hard work put into what it has become today I'm hoping some investors see the big picture of diesel being the alternative fuel as Europe saw many years ago.

What do you think? Diesel as the alternative fuel!

No comments:

Post a Comment